Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Wire Wrapping A Cabochon - Viking Basket Weave Design

I found this tutorial on You Tube and it's a good one. Given the price of silver these days, I'd say practice first with copper or brass or craft wire, but it's an easy wrap to do, and one that shouldn't take you much time to master at all. It lends a beautiful accent to your cabs without obscuring the beauty of the stone.

It's also a technique upon which you can build with your own creativity as you become more comfortable using it. Thanks to CamilleSharon for posting this tutorial on You Tube. I'm going to share a few more of her tutorials here in the coming days.



Hope you enjoy the tutorial and if you try the technique, upload a photo here so I can see what you've done!

I'm not sure why there's so much space between this post and the one below it but I can't seem to make it go away. Hmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment