Search This Blog

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Got Pearls?

So...in 2006 I went to a bead and gem show when I was living in Richmond, VA.  I went on the last day of the show - you know how that goes.  Everything is marked waaaay down because those vendors don't want to pack it up and take it home.  I spent $300 that day and I'm still using up that stock.  I bought these pearls simply because they were so pretty.  I wasn't a very good beader then, and I had no clue how to use them.  So they sat.  And sat.  And moved when I moved.  They got looked at, fondled, arranged, and finally, yesterday, I decided to use them.  This is the beginning of a sterling bangle that will have the teardrop pearls wired on one side and probably 8mm jet Swarovski on the other side.  Onyx would be better, but I'm out.  The Swarovski top-drilled bicone is set off-center because the other side will have one set just off center in the other direction. 

Once finished the entire piece will be wrapped with 28 ga fine silver, and all wires that show will be brought in close with pliers and tucked in before the final wrap starts.  The clasp will be an S-hook with a closed end. 



Doesn't look like much now, but I'll photo again when finished.  It'll be an interesting contrast of black and white.  I think it'll turn out well.  We'll see.  :)

1 comment: